Accordion shutters are strong, sturdy, and easy to operate. Once pulled and locked together, you can stop worrying about high winds and storm damaging your property.
Let us take a quick look at how you can install the shutters by yourself.
- Measure the openings that need to be covered shutters you purchase should be at least 3 ½ inches wider than the width of the opening.
- The centers of the window and shutters should match.
- Secure the tracks in place after using a gauge to see that the tracks are aligned properly.
- Slide the accordion panels into the track. The wheels must fit over the lip of the track.
- Caulk the joints between the framing and the wall.
Things you will need include
- Socket set
- Spirit Level
- Drill and drill bit
- Accordion shutters